Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Some new aspects

Hey everyone I have been trying out some different gaming avenues recently to broaden my horizons (in gaming terms). I have never actually played a full visual novel before (I have played smaller flash games that had some VN themes but nothing like a full game). The game is called Sunrider and I found it on a whim on Steam. Now I am familiar with VN, (due to the fact my girlfriend has played dozens of them with her external hard drive filled with over 250 gigs worth...) but I have never put time into one myself. I know there are plenty of different types out there with some more focused on pure dialogue but this one is actually quite a good balance of story and combat. The combat is done actually quite well and is pretty challenging. It's a turn-based  futuristic strategy game that focuses on using mechs and your main ship in combat with a strong feel of say the Gundam series. I've put in about 2 hours in so far and I'm loving it so far! Now it is a game for adults so there will be adult content, not in terms of gore but more with language and mild nudity. Finding this on Steam was again quite an interesting find, but looking more into it there seems to be more and more visual novels being added to the overall library of titles and I feel that this was a good idea to get gamers (such as myself) introduced to these sorts of titles. So with that I say go find some new visual novels on Steam and I would suggest picking Sunrider up as well! Oh..and it's free so really there is no reason not to...


No comments:

Post a Comment