Monday, November 24, 2014

Remastered games: Thoughts?



 Remastered & Re-Released



So I have noticed for the past couple of years there is quite the stream of remastered games that have saturated the game market. Now I am not saying this is necessarily a bad thing or anything but I have noticed this to be a current trend. For example I started to notice that some of the Metal Gear games were being released for the 360 and the ps3 (back before the current consoles were released, about 2 years ago or so) and that was when I actually noticed there was a trend starting. I have noticed other games before that have come out, or be remastered and such (looking at you terrible port of Silent Hill 2!) but now I have noticed quite a bit of games out there remaking a game entirely (Halo: Combat Evolved) to include to features and even be able to switch graphical fidelity on the fly with one button, which is really cool if I have to say! There are some which are more towards bringing a beloved game to a more current gen (Final Fantasy X and X/2) with some bumps in visuals but are really just the same game, which is not a bad thing don't get me wrong. And now to add to that there is some news that was just released 10 minutes ago (no joke) that Dark Souls II is coming to the X1 and PS4 (woohoo!!) and I am looking forward to picking it up, especially since they added all the DLC included in the game for no extra charge!

So with that I wanted to ask...what are you thoughts in this matter? Do you feel that this is something reprehensible, a good thing for the industry or something in between?


No comments:

Post a Comment